Monday, December 15, 2008

Celebration of Carols

I was able to sing in this year's relief society Christmas concert. The music was challenging, but really fun and different from the typical songs you hear. Our last performance was the best Surprisingly, I was able to make it through, even though I was battling a cold and had a sore throat on Sunday. I think it's because I've learned a little more the proper way to sing. :) Speaking of which, our music director was Holly, who is giving me piano/voice lessons. She did a fantastic job. Here are some of the songs that we sang:

Personent Hodie (In Latin... we marched in from outside after an Alleluia chorus sang from the balcony)
Austrian Yodel Carol
Deck the Hall (This was a small group number that my roomie Katie sang in. Beautiful!)
Pat-A-Pan
Stable In Bethlehem
Prepare the Way
Carol of the Bells
Stille Nacht (Silent Night in German)
Mary's Lullaby
Infant Holy
The Wondrous Night
Joy to the World
Katie asked to Victoria record our final performance with her little hand recorder. Victoria favored us with a little rapping to a choir/congregation song. We also had an enjoyable time as we discovered that the only way to fast forward was while it was playing. We reach amazing heights in Personent Hodie. :)

No comments: