Monday, February 9, 2009

Melted Ice

I heard that Salem was having a Chocolate and Ice Festival. I had a full Saturday, so we decided to go after church on Sunday. Katie and I picked Kristie up from the airport, and kidnapped her to Salem. Unfortunately for the ice sculptures, the weather was unusually warm that weekend and very few survived. Only the dancing polar bear was intact.

The fairy was just missing her head... the others were undistiguishable.
I did discover a statue I'd never noticed before... Samantha from Bewitched! (I'm wiggling my nose, in case you couldn't tell.)
While bad for the ice sculptures, we did enjoy the warm weather, and our leisurely stroll by the harbor...... and the incredible scenery.
Aah... how I again longed for more than my camera phone.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I, like, KNOW ALL OF YOU.