Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010

When I got back to Boston from my Christmas trip, all of my roommates were still gone. So I was home... alone... all by myself. So I spent much more time in my pajamas watching tv, 'cause at least then I could hear people talking. After the second day, I tried calling some friends who live nearby... but they were also still out of town. On the fourth day, it was New Year's Eve, so I tried reaching out to even more friends, but by 7 p.m. still hadn't found anyone in town where I could tag along. I resigned myself to ringing in the New Year alone, maybe even already sleeping... which I haven't done since I was little. Just about then, I got a call from Daryl, who had not been planning on celebrating New Year's Eve, but he and his roommate were willing to go to a movie. Aren't they sweet? We decided on The Princess and the Frog at Boston Commons. I got there a little early and walked around the park a bit. I had been feeling tired of the city... the hassle of parking, the terrible winter weather, not having any friends... It's funny, though, because every time I actually go into the city (working on the South Shore affords me little city time), I fall in love with it allover again.


People were walking all around for First Night Boston. Some were a little tipsy, but everyone seemed happy and excited. I could feel the energy in the air and it made me smile to just be walking through the park, listening to the live band playing at the grandstand. It was a good New Year's Eve.

I do have to show you the sorry Christmas lights in Boston:

They don't hold a candle to Temple Square!

No comments: