Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Super Star

A friend recently asked me what five alternate lives I would choose. Now, this probably isn't a surprise to anyone who knows me, but one of them was to be a star on Broadway. My cousin Jenni got me hooked on musicals. I recently found a cassette tape of Showboat she made for me in high school and have recently been listening to a Musical radio station on the internet at work. It is not rare to hear me suddenly break into song, and when I'm not singing, there's usually a song in my head. Since I love singing, I love karaoke in any form. On March 1, I went with a few friends to Do Re Mi for a little singing. We got our own private room and did a little dancing to songs like My Hips Don't Lie and even Part of Your World. I seriously sang myself hoarse, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

5 comments:

Delise said...

Build Me Up Buttercup will be forever associated with you in my brain! You sang you sweet thang!

just jen said...

broadway tunes all the way, baby!!

i am glad you love to sing as much as i do...

no worries on not calling, i did change my number, jessica has the right one, you can get it from her.

Lindz said...

WHy get a private room. share your voice !

Delise said...

Are you home YET? Thanks for the cute surprise for Mitch!

kia said...

hey...I'm stalking you...just thought you should know.