Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stuffed

I'm not sure why, but I tend to stuff as much as possible into every weekend. I think it's partly a fear of missing out and partly in anticipation of the coming winter. This weekend...

FRIDAY
My friend (and hometeacher) Fabio is from Albania. His family owns a resaurant called the Yada Yada Cafe in the South End. They invited our whole ward to come and have some of their delicious food. His mom is such a nice lady. She reminded me of my abuela with her beautiful smile and fantastic cooking skills.

SATURDAY
The Elders Quorum served the Relief Society the traditional fall breakfast, followed by a little volleyball. It was so much fun to play again! I really miss playing on leagues in Salt Lake. I don't know enough volleyball players here and the leagues cost four times as much. Sad, eh? After volleyball, I had a meeting for my calling, so rolled out of the church early that afternoon. Then I went with some friends to Walden Pond, hoping to see some beautiful fall foliage.

Victoria was a damsel in distress.The foundation of the cabin Thoreau built and lived in, as mentioned in Elder Perry's conference talk this year.Next, we rushed to the evening session of stake conference. Our stake doesn't have a stake center (just recently broke ground for one), so we normally borrow the building from a neighboring stake, which is actually a bit away. This time they decided to broadcast to different rooms in the Belmont chapel next to the temple. We were just a tad late and sat in the back of the gym. We almost sat next to Mitt Romney. He and his wife came in and sat next to us for a minute until they found the person saving them seats.

SUNDAY
We had stake conference in the morning. This time it was supposed to be broadcast to our normal chapel near Harvard. They had some technical difficulties because no one knew the internet password. If it didn't work, we were going to have a little impromptu meeting. I was half hoping for this, but they were able to get us connected, only missing one talk. After church, I went visiting teaching. We met one of the girls at Arnold Arboretum, which just happened to be having a fall festival. It was interesting to learn a little about what makes leaves change. In order for leaves to change to a vibrant red, they need sunlight.
That evening, I joined my neighbor upstairs for a little game night. We had quite the competitive rounds of Nertz! It reminded me of our family tournaments that lasted into the wee hours of the morning. Thanks mom!

MONDAY
I was asked last minute to hold fhe at our place on Monday night. I gave a little lesson, then we enjoyed apples and caramel dip and even made a few caramel apples.

Whew! I wonder if I had an extra day in each weekend, if I would actually use it to relax or if I would pack things into it too. I wouldn't mind trying it out.

1 comment:

just jen said...

so much stuff!

i hate that i can't click on your pictures to make them bigger...i can't tell what those green balls are, apples? flowers?

please fix it!