Thursday, January 29, 2009

Around the Country in Ten Days - Destination 3

The third leg of my trip found me in Orlando again... with my family! Jessica and Kevin gave their kids a trip to Disney World for Christmas. It was really hard to keep it a secret. :) On Thursday we started out at Animal Kingdom. The boys loved Expedition Everest. I think we went on it at least three times. It is pretty cool when you get to go backwards.
Audrey was so excited to go on Dinosaurs, because she wasn't tall enough last time they were there. I can't believe the kids didn't get scared. It is pretty intense. We ended out the night by seeing Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. It was really, really crowded... but I managed to find us some seats. Shhh! Don't tell anyone that we sat in the handicapped section.
We spent the next day in EPCOT. This is Preston and Mom on Living with the Land. They have all these innovative, interesting ways to grow plants.





Our Disney Visa cards got us into an exclusive character greeting. Hello Minnie and Goofy! We are a Disney family.Dinner at the Biergarten restaurant in Germany was a blast. I danced the polka with the kids and even rocked out to the bird dance. The food was... interesting. I prefer Italian.

Here is what the future holds for Audrey and I:



Saturday was Jessica and Kevin's 12th Anniversary! He surprised Jess with a night in the Contemporary Resort... and she thought she'd never get to stay there. That morning we enjoyed breakfast at Chef Mickey's and met the whole gang.
We rode the train over to Magic Kingdom and started with a trip to the barber shop. Preston and Ethan got cuts then lots of gel, glitter and Mickey heads in the back. Audrey and Julian got complimentary Pixie Dust in their hair.Look who we found outside of Pirates of the Carribean!
After Jess and Kevin took off, I ended up with three of the kids on my own at one point. It is tough! Especially when little Julian is crying because he has to go to the bathroom so badly, but there is a huge line to go. All the kisses and loves make up for it though. :)
We started out the next day in Magic Kingdom. Little Julian is very particular. He didn't like the popsicle that we got for him.We had dinner in the 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios. "Uncle George" fed us, introduced us to our cousins at the next table, and warned us that if we didn't eat our vegetables then we wouldn't get any dessert. He even made the kids help set the table. It was entertaining. We watched old black and white T.V. shows and the dessert menu was on this old toy. Does anyone remember what these are called?The next day I only spent the morning with my family before I had to jump on a plane. We saw this airplane writing in the sky on my last day:

I love my family! It just fills me up when I get to see them. I'm glad I was able to have a fun vacation with them.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

ummm,,,it is a viewmaster, char...