Monday, September 21, 2009

Ward Campout

The ward campout this year was held in New Hampshire once again. I was hoping it would be held in Vermont, like the first year I was here, but I guess I'm going to have to plan my own trip back there. My car full of Me, Mollie, Pat, Sue and Amy Beth arrived Friday night just in time to enjoy a dance around the campfire. They actually played some fun old school goodies like Jump by Kris Kross ('cause I'm the miggidy miggidy miggidy mac daddy).
Saturday we enjoyed a little ride to a nearby town for some reinforcements, then some good kayak time on the lake, and basking in the sun. My friend Sue convinced us to take a little dip in the lake even though we didn't bring our suits. That evening we enjoyed a Broadway Cabaret talent show and smores around the campfire. I also got to play (and win!) a round of Ticket to Ride, always a fun game.
Testimony meeting around the lake on Sunday was beautiful as usual. Luckily, we made it through the weekend without any rain. There seem to be a ton of new people that just moved to Boston, many coming straight from Provo/BYU. I have to admit that I feel a little bit disconnected from all of that now that I'm in a different ward. That's probably a good thing. ;)