Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I would not call myself a big sports fan. I don't know when the teams are playing, who they're playing, or feel a constant need to know what the score is. I do, however, love attending sports events. I think I got my first taste of this in college at the U of U football games where there was often standing room only. There is just an electricity in the air when that many people are all in one place, rooting together with anticipation that their team will be victorious. Fast forward me to Boston... seriously a great place to be a sport's fan. Everyone here loves their teams and there are plenty of them. I have been to see the Red Sox and Celtics, and on Thursday I finally saw my first Patriots game.It was a preseason game, so the stands weren't quite full. I couldn't believe the amount of people there anyway, though... incredible. I couldn't imagine when the stands are full. We were near the top and had to go about a mile up this giant switchback ramp.
The three of us rode the special commuter train to the stadium, so we had to hold out until the end of the game. Fun times. Football means that fall has officially arrived!


On Friday night, Mollie and I went to the Killers concert. We had a blast singing/yelling along with all the songs.They had some awesome stage effects... and Brandon Flowers wasn't bad to look at either. ;) There was a ton of energy. Great concert!
I started moving last Monday and am still in the process. I moved all the way... next door. It's funny, though, it still takes as much work to box everything up even though I didn't move far. I did hire the Russians again and one of them was the same as last year and he remembered me. It's probably not too often that he gets Russian speakers not from Russia.
I spent my day off this Monday cleaning out the attic so I have a little storage space. (My new apartment doesn't have as many closets as my last apartment.) Doesn't that sound fun?

1 comment:

Stapley Clan said...

Hey Charlotte-

I always miss Boston when I read your blog. It sounds like your having a blast there.

Hey, speaking of Russians. We're probably going to Russia this summer. I don't if your still interested in coming with us, but if you are, I can keep you updated when know the dates better.