Saturday, October 31, 2009

Visitors

Joy and Jake came to visit!! Joy and Jake came to visit!! :) I had a sign waiting for me at the airport when I picked them up on Wednesday. We immediately went to the Barking Crab for dinner...
...where we devoured a huge platter of crab legs. I always forget how much fun I have with these guys. I think I had a sideache from laughing so much. I unfortunately still had to work during the day, but Joy and Jake went to Salem on Thursday and had quite the adventure. We had fun making dinner that night though.
Friday night, I dragged them to the adult session of Stake Conference because... a) Elder Ballard came to speak to us and b) it was being held in the Trinity Episcopal Church at Copley Square. It was a beautiful building in which to hear an apostle of the Lord. Elder Ballard spoke about developing the ability to live close to the Lord so that you can be spiritually sensitive and in tune with the Spirit. Take the time to talk to the Lord and listen. Learn to hear and respond to promptings. Don't let opportunities pass you by. That is definitely something I needed to hear and remember.

We enjoyed a crowded train ride home that night. Being with good friends can even make being jostled about on a train fun. It was also some good people-watching with a group singing along to a ukelele on the train, and plenty of Halloween costumes.

1 comment:

Lena said...

You look like you have pretty amazing friends! That is wonderful Charlotte!