Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday Sunday

Sitting on the back row in Relief Society on Sunday, we were listening to a nice lesson about visiting teaching when a scene unfolded before us. A girl in front of us to the right asked a girl way down to the left of us to turn off the air conditioning. The one behind them was blowing a little too much. The left girl was confused so the cold girl pointed to the remote control on the wall. She proceeded to stand up and try to pick up the remote control, but it was bolted to the wall. Due to lack of sleep, this was the funniest thing in the world to me right then. I started laughing hysterically... and as silently as I could... I think the whole row was shaking. I just couldn't help it. Katie illustrated this event quite nicely.
Another illustration during Sunday School showed how much Katie enjoyed the photo shoot I made her do at the Blue Hills the day before.This was really the only picture I made her pose for. Isn't it cute?After church we went to Mt. Auburn Cemetary for our (not-so-) postponed Saturday Adventure. The rhododendrons were in full bloom and gorgeous.
Don't worry, Mom and Jess. These are not the shoes I wore to church. We brought the flip-flops to walk around in afterwards.
This is the oldest part of the cemetary, at the bottom of a hill with a little pond.Our sweet friends Esther and Jenny Faith just happened to be driving by and joined us for a little walk and photo shoot. That evening was Institute graduation and I was officially released from my calling on Institute council. After the graduation was a CES fireside with Elder Bednar, who is one of my favorites. He spoke about internet/technology use and not having "virtual" lives. He told a story about a man with a handlebar mustache who married a woman online, even though he was already married. We enjoyed illustrating that story as well. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me when you put your shoes on....BTW aren't those shoes SO comfy?? Mom was supposed to buy me a pair for my birthday last year; but she decided they were not cute enough. Sounds like mom, huh?