Friday, May 8, 2009

New Jersey & Art Day

On Wednesday, I left for Princeton, New Jersey to attend a meeting and visit some offices for work. I managed to drive down past New York City without hitting too much traffic. It was a beautiful area, but it rained the entire day on Thursday. I was entirely drenched walking through a parking lot that looked more like a river. I had planned on walking around Princeton's campus, but didn't really feel like a shower. As a side note, can I say that I love blackout curtains in hotels? It made it so much easier to sleep past the sun coming up at 5 a.m.


I came back to Boston on Friday and went to see my friend Amy Beth's thesis show. She just completed her Masters at Mass Art. She specializes in Installation Art, and the room she transformed was so peaceful. Amy Beth made adobe bricks, used live trees, wool, wax, and windows. I loved it. We also enjoyed seeing some of the other students' pieces. It made me want to do something creative.

My roommate Katie also had her gallery show that night. She showed two books, which were both incredibly beautiful, and which she designed all by herself. I have one talented roommate! There were also incredible items from the carpentry, jewelry, and violin-making departments. It is just amazing to me what people can do with their hands.

No comments: