Saturday, July 25, 2009

Best Month of the Year I

July is the best month of the year. Not only is this the wonderful month that I was born, but it has also been the sunniest month here in Boston this year. I managed to keep myself pretty busy almost every single day this month. The fun holiday and week with my family were followed by...

15th - a free concert at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade. The Landmarks Orchestra performed pieces by Italian composers. Victoria and I just laid back and had fun people-watching. 16th - Japanese Lantern Festival (see previous post)

17th - I learned the West Coast Swing at Free Friday Dance Lesson, then I went and saw the new Harry Potter movie.

18th - Katie and I attempted to go sailing for free... but the line was too long. We did enjoy a nice walk along the waterfront and around Quincy Market.That evening Molly joined us to go see the sand sculpture contest at Revere beach. This is also something I did my first month in Boston two years ago.

19th - My neighbor Emily M. had a fun birthday party.

21st - I put highlights into Victoria's hair and made yummy brownies for Bethany's birthday.

22nd - Victoria and I went to institute for the first time this summer. It is so great to have a spiritual boost in the middle of the week.

23rd - I went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum for the first time. Jenny Faith informed us that it was a free community day, so a bunch of us headed over there. Amazing collection and beautiful house!

24th - More West Coast Swing at another Free Friday Dance Lesson, then Victoria and I dressed up to go to the Top of the Hub restaurant. Delicious fancy food eaten at the top of the Prudential Center, with an amazing view. We kindly told our waiter that we don't drink, after he kept recommending wines with our meal.

No comments: