Monday, May 24, 2010

All Done

Saturday morning I took the train back to San Diego so that I could go to Kim's graduation as a Nurse Practitioner.
Although the views were amazing, I was almost late when the train stopped for a while. Any time there is an earthquake greater than 5.0 the tracks have to be inspected for damage. Luckily it didn't take too long and I made it in time.I sat with Karen, her friend Catherine, and Dan and his parents. Cheryl was home with Karen's baby as she'd seen the commencement the night before. Congrats Kim!We drove around the gorgeous campus, then headed to nearby Old Town for dinner, where we met Kim's friends, Vivien and James. After eating at the same place I ate with Amy a few nights before, we walked up the street to the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center.It was pretty high-tech, with Harry Potteresque moving pictures and different rooms representing each leg of the journey. James volunteered to sport all the gear the soldiers carried.

I also got to try panning for gold.

Exhausted, we went to Kim and Dan's beautiful home, where I was finally able to see Cheryl and little Sam.
Kim's family is just so warm and loving. I'm so grateful the timing was perfect for me to be able to see them!

No comments: