Sunday, May 2, 2010

Science and Sailing

Joy and Jake graciously left me two passes to the Museum of Science that they weren't able to use when they came to visit. I somehow waited until the day they expired to use them, but my good friend Rachel was able to come with me.

We started off with a little electricity show... loud and awesome.

See that stripy black and white cone? Well, when you look at it straight on...
...it looks like this (THINK):

My favorite was an interactive exhibit about what makes people who they are. Loved this fun shadow camera.

This little tidbit was interesting to me and totally made sense. The closer people live to the equator, the darker their skin is, and the reverse, the farther away, the whiter their skin is.

This fun display let you choose how far on the spectrum you are for five different traits. Each affected a song (pitch, tempo, beat...) that represented your unique personality.

The next morning Rachel and I went sailing with my friend Sharla and her fiance Ben, who is a member of Community Boating. I don't have any pictures because I didn't want to risk getting my camera wet, but it was such a fun, relaxing ride. Thanks a bunch, Sharla and Ben!

No comments: