Saturday, May 22, 2010

Conferences Conferences

Highlights from the conference at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego:
  • Mexican food with Gretchen, Michelle and Kara. Kara is hilarious and asked Ed, our server, if she could call him Jose. Ole!
  • Meeting my old friend Kim for breakfast Monday morning before meetings started. Delicious fresh strawberry pancakes.
  • Found out the Dublin project I had been working on forever finally closed!
  • Beach Blanket Bingo (old Frankie & Annette movie from the '60's) party at Tom's house.
The directions are always incredible.
Singing waiters and a live band entertained us. Mike did a little of his famous dancing.

I got to see the administrators for my centers, Denise in Greenville, SC...
... and Kara in Frederick, MD. We're sporting the party favor sweatshirts.
  • Felt earthquake in my hotel room, Tuesday around 5:30 pm. Being on the 11th floor, the entire building swayed and made me dizzy. This is the first time I've felt an earthquake, even growing up in Salt Lake City.
  • Padres game with Rob, Michelle, and Jeff. Very entertaining to sit near Giants fans. Didn't compare to a Red Sox game, though.

Highlights from the ASCA conference in Anaheim included hearing from Ben Stein of Ferris Bueller's Day Off fame (he's really an economist!) and a surgeon who was really quite inspiring. I would elaborate, but my notes are packed in a box somewhere right now. ;)

No comments: