Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Favorite Day of the Year

A co-worker recently asked me what my favorite holiday is. Now, most people usually love Christmas, Fourth of July, maybe Halloween... but my answer was... MY BIRTHDAY! I just love that I get to be special for a day. It always bummed me out in elementary school because I never got to bring treats like the other kids did for my birthday. I was a summer baby. Luckily, my fourth (and fifth) grade teacher, Miss Thompson, allowed the summer birthdays to celebrate their half-birthday! Finally, I was able to bring treats to school. Well, I figure, why stop at half-birthdays? I can remember my 1/4th and 3/4th birthdays... even 1/3rd and 2/3rd. Pretty much, on the 29th of each month... I figure out which "birthday" it is for me. :) On my mission, I was teased by my district for loving fractions because of this... but they were wrong. It was really all about my birthday. Well, maybe I do love fractions too because of my math teacher dad, but that's another story. I just wanted to let everyone know that today is my 51/52nd birthday! No, I have never actually celebrated anything other than my real birthday. But it is coming soon... hint... hint...

While out shopping for a friend's birthday last weekend, I came across these shoes and decided to give myself an early birthday present. Aren't they sexy? It's funny how you just have to walk differently when you're wearing shoes like this. It's also funny how I can barely make it through three hours of church in shoes like this. They came off right after I left the building.

5 comments:

just jen said...

those shoes are HOT!!

i want some!

kia said...

Ooo...too bad we're not the same shoe size. Have fun getting your b-day haircut!

Delise said...

Hubba hubba! Post pics of that hair!

SayitwithanH said...

I love the shoes! They are very cute. I have some gray snake skin shoes similar. They are my favorite. But, I'm so afraid to wear them because I don't want the snakeskin leather to get scuffed or torn. *sigh*

Meredith said...

Dang sexy! Ha, I know what you mean, after three hours of church I fling them off my feet into the closet until I forgive them for the pain they (the shoes) put me through.