Sunday, July 6, 2008

Boston Pops

On Thursday, July 3rd we started off the Independence Day celebration by going to the rehearsal for the Boston Pops concert. You don't have to go early in the morning to get a seat and if you go on the fourth then you can't see the fireworks from there. We enjoyed a picnic for dinner and had good conversations with the Book of Questions. About half an hour before the concert was supposed to start, an announcement was made that the threatening thunderstorms that they predicted were going to hit us in about fifteen minutes. A few in our group decided to take the recommended shelter under a bridge, but the rest of us huddled around a tree with our umbrellas. Luckily, we came away mostly dry. The concert was able to start on time and was amazing. Amy was not aware that Rascall Flats would be performing and got very excited when they started playing. My favorites were the baseball sequence with the verses of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and a reading of "Casey at the Bat." I also enjoyed marching and waving flags during the patriotic sing-a-long and the Irish step dancers. God bless the USA!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so bummed that we never got to be in Boston for the 4th. I've heard it is awesome, so glad you got to. And I'm bummed I never got see you while we were there. Hope all is going well, and I'm so jealous - I miss Boston already.

Rachel Leigh said...

I love Rascal Flatts. I went to their concert and it was freaking amazing. Glad your 4th was good!

Lena said...

Wow, I can't believe you moved across to the other side of the US. Good for you, it looks like life has been good to you! I'm so happy for you and look forward to reading your blog. I have a blogspot too, just click the link!

Take Care,
Lena

meg 'n' rich said...

Talk about stretching the 4th out into 2 days! Way to go. It's such a fun holiday. Glad you got to have so much fun!