Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

My roommate Katie decided not to come to the Iron Pour with us because she wasn't feeling well. I got home and had a message and a text (which she never does, so I knew it was serious)from her saying that she went to the hospital. Apparently she acquired a kidney stone that day. I helped her get her pain medication the next morning. The CVS pharmacist was very friendly and sympathetic. We were grateful for his help. She luckily passed it on Sunday, which just happened to be Easter... but I don't envy the pain she had in the meantime. :(

I decided that I wanted to have some friends over for dinner for Easter Sunday. It had been such a long time since I'd had a big family dinner, that I wanted to try my hand at cooking one. My friends Victoria and Joe came and were a big help. We made a ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, spinach salad, and had angel food cake with strawberries for dessert. It turned out great and we had a lot of fun. I miss being able to have my family around for holidays, but friends are the next best thing.

No comments: