Monday, April 20, 2009

Warfare Construction

After church on Sunday, I was exhausted and wanted to just veg... I mentioned to Katie that we should set up my air mattress in the living room. She then asked if we could built a fort for it. Sure, I said... that will be fun... Little did I know that forts are serious business to Katie, who proceeded to all but draw blueprints. We were suddenly finding all available construction materials in the house and using all available blankets and furniture. My favorite was the stars we added for a finishing touch.
When I realized what a masterpiece this was going to be, I decided that we needed to have a sleepover. This actually worked well because we were getting up early the next morning to go to the Lexington re-enactments.

I went out of town a couple of days later, but the fort lasted all week for Katie's spring break. :)

1 comment:

The Life Of Patrick and Hil said...

That's cute! I remember making forts all the time when I was younger! Pat and I should do that some time....