Thursday, April 2, 2009

Field Trip

I went on a field trip this morning before work. My roommate Katie took me to her school, North Bennet Street School where she is about to graduate in book binding. First of all, I loved walking through the North End in the morning to get there. The city was just waking up and just exciting. I was a little jealous that Katie gets to do it every day.
It was fun to see where she spends her time. It reminded me of the art classrooms in high school, with work benches and equipment everywhere. Can I just say that my roommate is talented? She knows how to work with leather, gold tooling, makes beautiful paper... just about anything that you can imagine in a book. It's amazing that people make things that are so incredible. I always pick things up and assume they are machine-made.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is awesome! I love how bookstores smell and even printing presses..remember when we worked for Alpine with Brady and Anika? What is she going to do after graduation?