Saturday, June 6, 2009

Let's Go to the Movies...

... or just watch them at home, snuggled under a blanket. :) This week I decided to take it easy... well for me. I managed to play just a bit and tone it down with plenty of movies.

First off, though, at fhe on Monday night we played the animal noise game. One person is blindfolded in the middle of the room and spun about. They then throw a pillow/object to someone and ask the person who is closest to it to make a certain animal noise. We enjoyed pigs, horses, dolphins, monkeys and even badgers. My poor friend Rachel somehow got the pillow time after time despite numerous attempts to change places. We got plenty of laughter out of it.

The next couple of days were RedBox nights. I am a big fan of the dollar rental. I saw New in Town (cute, but not fantastic) and He's Just Not That Into You (I think a movie single girls should see... the lessons were kind of twisted in the end, though).

Thursday night was ward temple night. I wore a dress to work so that I could make it on time... then Katie called me as I left work to come to a movie instead. She was very persuasive since that was the last night the movie was showing. I went to a farewell dinner for my friend Joseph who was moving away from Boston, then saw Brothers Bloom. Seriously, the best movie I've seen all year. Hilarious, good story, lesson learned. If you haven't seen it, go now. No, seriously.
The next night Kristie shared with us Much Ado About Nothing. Good classic movie with an interesting opening scene. I think I slept through a bit of it, but my friends all know that Charlotte + movie after 10 pm = sleeping.
On Sunday after church, we went for a walk over to the footbridge to watch the Dragon Boat races. We didn't last long because we were melting. It was actually a hot sunny day in Boston... a rarity this summer. That night we had a little farewell for dear Kristie, complete with marshmallow roasting and smores on our deck.The boys that came provided a little concert: cello, guitars, violin... when they made a drum from a washtub, and I decided to pull out a musical instrument I bought in Puerto Rico. A neighbor from across the street hopped on over to join in the jam session.

No comments: