Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Time and Eternity

I know that I had already been home a month before, but my good friend Kim planned her wedding for June, so I got to go back. It was good to see more friends, though, and of course spend time with my family and all my nieces and nephews.
In accordance with tradition, I took Audrey and Julian swimming. We forgot their life vests at first, so I had one child on each arm, clinging for life. Luckily, my dad was able to find the vests in the garage, so swimming was a little easier after that. Later that night, Joy and Jake came to pick me up so we could meet Amy at an outdoor showing of Mamma Mia. Alas, it was raining, so we played Rockband at Amy's condo. I loved it as I have spent many a night singing with Joy-Joy.
Saturday morning, my good friend in Boston, Denise, who just moved back to Utah, came and took me to the Beehive House, where we met Victoria. She wanted to complete the church history tour she saw on the roadtrip home.
I really think that Salt Lake City has one of the most beautiful downtowns in the country. The temple is an amazing center... and I am partial to flowers.After Denise left, Victoria and I walked around the State Capitol. I hadn't been back since moving to Boston. I went on a tour with Jacobsen when they were working on the renovations. I actually got to walk underneath the building... it was being suspended in air by some engineering genius. I tried not to think about how many pounds of stone were over my head.Victoria entertained me by running/dancing through the fountain... then, just maybe we took a ride on some lions. I always have so much fun with Victoria.That afternoon I attended the wedding in the Bountiful Temple. I don't think there could be a more beautiful place to get married than in a temple. The ceremony was exquisite. Kim actually met Dan at my favorite place... Disneyland! It was the day after the Huntington Beach Midsingles Conference 2008 and many attendees went as an unofficial follow-up activity. Kim met up with some friends who had come down from Utah. Luckily, M was there, as she had to prompt him to ask for her number. They are both so sweet and a good match. I am very happy for my dear Kim. The new Mr. and Mrs.:We hurriedly snapped a few pictures outside before the downpour started.Kim is a nurse and, naturally, has several other friends who are nurses. When I hang out with them, my business-non-medical-in-the-least background usually has a hard time following the conversations. Luckily, they are all really sweet and patient with me... and Kim knows she will get desperate phone calls from me when I have sick kids. I got to know these girls well on trips to Mexico and Brazil. Lisa, Megan and Marissa (the nurses) and I made a quick stop at Neilsens Frozen Custard before heading over for the ring ceremony. Kim's best friend from Layton married a pastor, so he conducted the ring ceremony. I loved that everything Kim chose was very her. The dinner was chicken fettucine alfredo... something Kim is sure to order at a restaurant.
My sister's kids love Kim, who has taken them on many outings with me, as well as come on family trips. They came to the reception that night and tore it up on the dance floor.
After the reception, I made Lisa, Joy and Amy go see Brothers Bloom with me. Yes, I liked it enough to go see it again so soon. I told you that you should go see it. ;)
Sunday was nice and relaxing, with a nice family dinner after church. Here is my mom's delicious Bolivian-style meal:My mom was watching these two rugrats on Monday, so we had a fun little sleepover. Aren't they so cute when they wake up?I also got to see Paco, Hilary and gorgeous blue-eyed Ganon one last time... sorry the pic is cut off... hard to get four people in a self-portrait.

I jumped back on a plane, making it a quick trip. Going home always fills up my soul. Love and miss you guys!

No comments: