Saturday, June 20, 2009

La la la la la la TONIGHT!

I was so excited when I found out that New Kids on the Block would be playing in Boston and NOT on a Sunday! I was able to talk Mollie and Tristan into going with me and we had a blast. (Except for multiple people smoking around us, including a pregnant girl, and the beer poured on my bag. Hey, it's Boston.) The opening act was Jesse McCartney, who is adorable and a very talented song writer. My favorite moment was when he commented on the women wearing "Cougars love Jesse" t-shirts. He said that he's 22, so it is legal. ;)

New Kids put on a good show. They have a lot of energy and eat up all the screaming. Their old songs don't sound the same at all, now that they are older, but it was so much fun to sing along with the entire crowd.
These are Boston boys, four growing up in Dorchester and one in JP (Jamaica Plain). I loved this display of all things Boston as the encore number. They came out decked in Red Sox gear and used common Boston symbols in their name. Their cute kids came out on stage after the show.
This is a little treat for you all. I know it's a little fuzzy at first ...and in the middle... but there are good parts and you can hear the whole time. The pianist had on a Yankee's hat, so you can see them switch it out for a Red Sox hat. Go Sox! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYKWSYVoe0U

2 comments:

just jen said...

i am so so so so jealous!

Jessica said...

No fair!!....and I didn't see any shots of my Joey, what is wrong with you?