Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Whale of a Tale

Having been out of the country for a week and jetlag, didn't slow me down that weekend. Friday, I watched Star Wars I and II with Victoria and stopped at a friend's birthday party. I got to play Dance Dance Revolution for just a bit.
Katie's adorable family was in town for her graduation. They invited me to go whale watching with them on Saturday.
The ride out took about an hour. The water was so choppy that the boat was seriously bouncing up and down. Katie's family was so much fun! We made sure to get right up front to enjoy it all.
We saw so many whales! This is the ridge of one whale's back. After they feed they stay up at the surface like this to let the water drain out of their mouths. One feeding technique they use is to slap their tails on the surface to stun the fish. Another one they use is to swim around a school of fish in circles to get them all in the same place, then swim up through it with their mouths open wide.

That night, I went to a concert at my friend Jared's studio called Dirty Water. A few different people in the wards performed. Let me tell you there is some serious talent in Boston.
Sunday, our ward met at the First Congregational Church, who were kind enough to let us use their building after ours burned down. I enjoyed dinner that night with my dear friend Kristie, her sweet mom, and our friend Dan. Kristie left that week to go to Nashville to start medical school (MD/PhD program... the girl is a genius). She is practically the first person I met in Boston and has been one of my best friends for the last two years. I am going to miss that girl!

2 comments:

The Life Of Patrick and Hil said...

That is so awesome! I love whale watching!

Anonymous said...

Charlotte, first off let me just tell you how much I love your profile pic! ... Second, you always seem to have the best backgrounds! ... And third, I live vicariously thru you travelling the world! How fun is that!? .. Well hope all is well gorgeous woman, I maybe moving to Florida for John's job, but it's still up in the air. Where ever we're meant to be, I'm happy.(: Anyway, take care & take it easy!