Saturday, August 1, 2009

Best Month of the Year II

25th - This was Victoria's last Saturday in Boston, so we decided that we needed a little beach action. We went to Nahant to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. (As an aside... Victoria read out loud from a book for one of her classes. It was called So Sexy, So Soon and talked about the bombardment of images children are exposed to by the media. I would recommend it for all you parents out there.)
We also did a little kite flying. I absolutely love kites! Way too long since I had flown one.As a last effort to enjoy the best of Boston, Victoria and I headed to Cambridge to try a sandwich shop called Darwins and have L. A. Burdick's hot chocolate. Both are excellent, by the way. We then went to our friend Rob's house for campfire fun... guitar playing, singing, smores. He also has a hammock... ah, the joys of a real house and yard.

26th - After church, I felt like being outside, so Victoria joined me for a walk at Arnold Arboretum. We were there for the best of the yummy evening sunlight. Victoria brought along her butterfly net... which can also be used for frogs.
I love this picture! Right as I was clicking this shot, Victoria caught sight of a butterfly overhead. She looks so excited trying to catch it with her net. We also ended that evening playing some card games. It was about this point that I realized that I need more sleep than I have been getting.

27th - Victoria invited me to come to a Red Sox game for her last night in Boston. What a way to end her time here. They won, of course. I already miss Victoria, though.
28th - In honor of the three of us with birthday's that week, my friend Brian organized a group to go to Kimball Farm for a celebration. We enjoyed KFC (perfect for a picnic), a little volleyball, delicious angel food cake with berries, and delicious Kimball Farm's ice cream.
We also got a little crazy on the bumper boats.29th - For my actual birthday, I had thought about having a party, but most of my closest friends decided to either move away from Boston, or be out of town. Luckily, Katie was still in Boston, so she and I went to see 500 Days of Summer. It was actually artistically amazing with some really funny parts. The story made me a little sad, though. For some reason I still expected it to have a happy ending, even though they tell you there won't be from the get-go.

30th - I came home intending to get caught up on stuff, but Katie convinced me that we needed to try a Thai food place recommended by a friend. It is called the Brown Sugar Cafe
and was quite delightful.

31st - Free Friday Dance Lesson learning the Argentine Tango. It was seriously so fun. I need to dance more. A great end to a fantastic month. :)

No comments: