Sunday, September 21, 2008

Camping

This year instead of the ward campout to Camp Joseph in Sharon, Vermont, there was a region campout instead. We went to Zions Camp, which the church recently purchased for girl's camp in New Hampshire. There were people from all over New England in attendance. One great thing was the lake. We rowed over to this little island in the middle and explored a bit. The weather was perfect and sunny that weekend. I was able to play a little volleyball... sorry to all the people I hit with my serve. In the evening, there was a scavenger hunt followed by a talent show, looking out over the steamy lake. Of course, we stayed up way too late talking around the campfire... my favorite part about camping.

Now, I am no stranger to sleeping on the ground, but I have to admit that a few of us slept in my friend Kristie's car. In my defense, they didn't have regular tents. They had platform tents which did not seal closed at all... and they were covered with spider webs... and I could just imagine all the creepy-crawlies that I would wake up with. Eww! Instead, we slept in the car, although, I'm a little too tall to do so and probably changed positions about a hundred times that night. At least it was toasty warm.
For church the next day, we had a testimony meeting looking over lake. I love being able to have the sacrament out in nature, to be able to look around at God's creations during this ordinance. It was the perfect ending to the campout.

1 comment:

just jen said...

what is this?

youth conference for grown-ups?