Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Musical & Clam Bake

After a couple of weeks of working on my new apartment, I was ready to have some fun last weekend...

Friday, I saw a musical that I have not seen before... Into the Woods. It was a lot of fun... for those of you who haven't seen it, Into the Woods combines the Brothers Grimm tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack & the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel. Of course there is a witch, who is hilarious... she even raps about her rutabaga and nectarines. The music is fun and got stuck in my head... "the woods are just trees, trees are just wood..." but that happens a lot in my head. :)

Saturday, my ward had a good old New England Clam Bake. It had been scheduled for the week before, but thanks to the rain from Hurricane Ike, it was postponed. I was a little worried that the weather would be rainy again, but the clouds cleared away just in time. The day was warm and the sky was my favorite shade of blue. I had planned on eating a lobster, but having never cracked open and gutted one myself, they didn't look too appealing that day. I steered clear of the seafood and had a hot dog instead. :) We enjoyed some frisbee and even got into the water... well, up to my waist at least. The Atlantic is COLD! I guess everywhere can't be as warm as Hawaii.My new roommates Jan Marie and Catherine... Katie was out of town and missed the clam bake (but don't feel too bad, she was in England). It was nice to just enjoy a day out in the fresh air and sun. I'm going to miss them this winter.

2 comments:

Delise said...

Fun! I never got to do that and even tho I don't like seafood, I've kinda always wanted to (they look so fun on food network!). I laughed at the small print at the bottom! Hugs!

just jen said...

i lOVE into the woods. my favorite song is when the two princes sing about how hard their lives are. so funny.