Sunday, September 21, 2008

Creepy Night

My co-workers got the idea into my head that the new(ish at this point) Batman movie would be awesome to see on IMAX. However... busy me, I haven't had a free weekend or evening that I could make it out to see it and it wasn't sold out. Finally, Friday night, my roommate Katie and I decided to go. Lucky for us, because it was the last weekend it would be showing.

We arrived at the theater, which is connected to a furniture store (of which you have to wander through the whole building to get to the theater). The whole first floor is set up like a mini-New Orleans... the colors were very loud... weird statues/paintings everywhere of people wearing masks. To get into the theater, we had to go up an escalator that was crawling with paparazzi. No, really... there are news reporters painted on the walls on both sides, news reporters chattering ("look this way!" "over here!"), and bulbs flashing. Next time I need a pick me up, I think I'll get dressed up and just go up and down the escalator a few times to feel like I'm walking down the red carpet. ;)

We had to sneak our Quizno sandwiches in... and hold them in our laps because the darn worker stayed in the theater for like ten minutes after the movie started. We sat back to enjoy the Dark Knight, enhanced by the "butt-kickers" in the seats (kind of like the rumble pack on game controllers). The movie has amazing action and stunts. Katie's favorite is when the semi truck drives up the wall and flips over. Joker is quite disturbing, but Heath Ledger was so convincing in the role.

After the movie, I had to use the restroom. I walked in and the doors to all the stalls were floor to ceiling mirrors. I tried a door, but it was locked, so found another. I entered the stall and turned around to find that the doors are one-way mirrors! You can see out into the entire restroom... including the people walking up to your stall to try to open the door! It was really weird to look at people while peeing. It was also dim inside the stalls to prevent people from seeing you. All in all, it was a little bit creepy night, but quite enjoyable. :)

2 comments:

just jen said...

that is the weirdest bathroom i have ever heard of!

Sally Wood said...

What a strange bathroom, I would love to see something like that, but not sure if I would feel comfortable using it...