Sunday, March 1, 2009

Homesick

My brother is officially a daddy! David Ganon Turner was born on 28 February around 4:30 a.m. I guess he didn't want to share in all the March birthdays in our family. He was 8 lb 4 oz and 22 1/2 inches long. Congratulations Patrick and Hilary! Unfortunately, this is the only picture they have sent me so far. I know... I haven't really seen what he looks like yet.
I had turned my phone off when I went to bed that night and when I woke up, there were three calls/messages saying that they were going to/at the hospital. Such exciting news! My cute abuela called me that afternoon to make sure that I knew. This is making me homesick for the first time in a little while. I'm sad I won't get to see him when he is just a little thing.
That morning, Katie and I made buttermilk pancakes for our roommates... in celebration of the end of February. I even made a Mickey and a heart shaped pancake. I taught everyone about "bleen"... In Russia, the word for pancake (theirs are more like crepes) is used like a "dang it" type expression. This is because the first one always turns out bad. We even had a "bleen" that morning... it ended up in the garbage.
One crazy thing... we had to go and pick up the BBQ on the deck. The winds had blown so hard the night before that it just fell right over. Glad I wasn't out there!

1 comment:

just jen said...

i want more pictures too!

they never think about us, the ones out on the east coast...jerks! ;)