Monday, March 16, 2009

Pi Day

On Saturday, my roommate Katie approached me in the afternoon and asked if I wanted to go on an adventure. Normally, I jump at the chance, but I have to admit that I was feeling rather cozy, nestled in a blanket, watching Better Off Dead. She convinced me, though, when she told me she wanted to find a farmers market that I'd been wanting to go to called Russos. It was amazing! I fell in love when I walked in and saw beautiful fresh flowers. Katie bought her favorite, Stock, and I bought some Irish Bells, in anticipation of the holiday.
All the fruits and vegetables looked amazing... I would have gotten more if I hadn't just gone grocery shopping that morning. We did find yummy Armenian bread that I used to buy in Russia. We made an amazing alfredo chicken pizza on it for dinner. We realized that it was in fact appropriate to have a pizza pie for Pi Day (3.14). Kristie came and helped us make some mini fruit pis to celebrate.

Happy birthday to Ethan on Saturday too! I can't believe my boy is nine. I hope your parties were lots of fun. :)

No comments: