Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Little Trip

The threat of waking up early the next morning for a day trip didn't stop me from playing on Friday. I went to a movie night at Kalynn's place. They even set up a real screen with a projector to watch "You Can't Take It With You" with Jimmy Stewart. Classic movie with plenty of good clean laughs. You really should see it if you haven't yet.
Saturday morning, I headed to the Big Apple with my friend Emily. We have both been to NYC several times, so wanted to do new things. We started out at the Central Park Zoo. I didn't realize how small it actually was, but it did provide some good photo ops.
Red Panda


I loved watching the penguins speedily swim by, leaping out of the water. Fun, fun animals.

Funny story about this snow leopard. As you can see, in this spot, you are separated from the snow leopard by only a thick pane of glass. Of course there was a crowd gathered since the leopard was so obligingly showing himself. A small girl toddled up to the glass and put both hands and her little face right up to the leopard. As soon as she did this, the leopard came at her with both giant paws and teeth glaring to maul her. She got a little frightened, and I'm sure her parents were grateful for the glass. I'd never really seen an attack that closely before and it really was rather frightening. I think at the zoo I forget how wild the animals are.
This was my first springtime in New York. Love the tulips that remind me of the tulips around the Salt Lake Temple this time of year.

We then saw a matinee of Chicago.It was super fun, although a little more risque than I thought it would be. The actress who played Roxie was amazing and the music was fantastic.

We headed to Grenwich Village to walk around a bit and had dinner at a place called Moustache, which served Middle Eastern food.

We probably would have stayed a little later, but the weather was rainy and cold so we headed home. It was a fantastic day-trip though. Love love NYC!

No comments: