Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring in My Step

It was EIGHTY degrees outside yesterday and today promises to be beautiful as well. This is the part where I wish general conference was available on the radio so that I could listen to it outside. As it is, I had to settle for sitting next to an open window with the sunshine on my face. The thing that stood out to me throughout the different talks was the importance of doing the daily things to keep you strong and able to receive inspiration from the Holy Ghost.

After conference was over, my friend Cristi and I decided to go to the Public Gardens in hopes of seeing springtime flowers. There were only a few magnolia trees in bloom and some daffodils. It was nice to be outside anyway though... especially without a coat!
Guess what we found in the bottom of one of my favorite statues (that is a fountain)? A crutch! You would think that someone would actually miss that... or maybe it is evidence of a crime... or maybe I've been watching too much CSI and Bones.
The Make Way for Ducklings were all decked out in their Easter bonnets. Adorable, right?
I also did some grocery shopping last night and made an impulse purchase. I couldn't help it, though. Don't tulips just say Spring?
I also made an amazing discovery. The last hotel I stayed at had a little bag with earplugs, lavender mist for your linens, and this:
I put it on after waking up at 5:30 a.m. and was able to sleep in until 9:00 a.m. I know this doesn't sound very late, but this was huge for me! I don't remember the last time I slept past 7ish. Apparently, my body is very sensitive to light. It may have something to do with the fact that I stare at a computer screen all day long.
I also wanted to share this picture that gave me a good laugh this week. :)
By the way... I realize I'm behind and am still going to try to catch up the last four months. You may want to check below this post in the future. Thanks for reading... and please leave comments! :)

No comments: