Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Music To My Ears

I like listening to music while I work. Fortunately my office mate doesn't mind and one of us will usually have music playing. He also doesn't mind when I sing along, which I have been known to do on occasion. Not me, right? ;) Well, yesterday, I decided it was an '80s music day and we were rocking out to The Cars and Tiffany, when "Total Eclipse of the Heart" began playing in my Itunes shuffle.

"Great song, turn it up," was Mike's response, to which I was happy to comply. When I started belting out the lyrics, Mike chimed in with his saucy falsetto. I asked him why he was singing like that (I'm not just mean... we tease a lot in this office).

"What are you talking about? That was beautiful."

I got a great laugh out of it. As I write this, I realize it is probably not as funny when you don't know him or the way he said it. Just trust me, I'm still chuckling about it.

By the way, the weather around here is still amazing. 90 degrees today! I had to go to Cohasset to get my inspection sticker on my car, so enjoyed a beautiful drive through the South Shore. I love living so close to the ocean. It makes me happy to see the sun bouncing off of the water. I guess I traded in the mountains for the ocean by coming East. The South Shore is rather wooded and after turning inland, I saw signs of Spring everywhere. Some of the bushes have bright yellow leaves. Daffodils are blooming. Trees are starting to turn green and flowering. I love the magnolias, but also noticed a new tree today... weeping cherry trees. They're just little guys, but have the white cherry blossoms streaming down to the ground. Love them. Spring is definitely my favorite Boston season.

5 comments:

kia said...

I am SO sad to be missing spring in Boston. It is seriously my favorite thing ever. *sigh*

KT said...

If you like Total Eclipse of the Heart you'll get a kick out of the literal video version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

KT said...

So, I just watched it again for the first time in a while and there may be some offensive moments. I'm hypersensitive so maybe they just bother me but I think you and I are similar that way :)

By the way, can you believe it's been almost three years since Israel?

The Life Of Patrick and Hil said...

Your hair is so cute Char!! Hey speaking of Spring........it snowed today! BLAH! it's April 29th
for crying out loud!!

Lena said...

I love your blog!