Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Patriot's Day Battles

My Year 3 of Patriot's Day started out with another little sleepover. I guess you can still call it that even though there wasn't much sleep involved. We were up and at 'em at 3:15 a.m. to watch the Reenactment on Lexington Green. We did a little huddling to stay warm that morning.Favorite thing I overheard that day was a man to his fellow reenactor, "Well, we lost again." :)

Couldn't quite get the timing right on this year's jumping picture.We did, however, enjoy a fantastic breakfast at a little cafe in Concord, thanks to Karen's recommendation.
After a little nap at home, I went with my roommates to see the Boston Marathon. The last couple of years, I went into work after the reenactment, but decided to take the day off for this one. We stood near the finish line and it was definitely moving to see people running across, completing what I'm sure represented a lot of work. The crowd was so supportive of everyone, especially those who looked like they were struggling. It was one of those time you feel like you're part of a community, even though everyone around you is a stranger.
So admire the military folk who ran in full gear, including packs.

No comments: