Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Update

On Saturday, I went to a bridal shower for my friend Rebecca. Unfortunately I am going to miss the actual wedding because I will be in Russia. The wedding will be held in the Public Garden right in the middle of Boston, and I'm sure will be amazingly beautiful. Sorry to miss it Rebecca, but big Congratulations!! Here is the bride to be and her daughter Maddy.

One of the games was to create a wedding dress using garbage bags, paper towels, and crepe paper. My group did the one on the left. I was pretty proud of our long train. Guess which dress won. Yep, the one on the right. Can you believe they made it look like a real dress?

That night was this month's installment of Color Night, brought to you by the color BLUE! We enjoyed the main dish of delicious chicken with blueberry salsa.

Here is our crew, all in blue, after enjoying Mary Poppins. Holly even figured out we could paint our lips blue with the Almond Joy Pieces.
On Sunday, I was able to attend the baptism of my friend, Idario. He is from Brazil and was seriously golden. From the first time Idario came to church with his friend Stephanie, he was the most active person in the ward. I loved hearing his story about his journey and the things that fell into place in his life to bring him to the gospel. Welcome, Idario! You make a great addition to the ward.

No comments: