Saturday, August 16, 2008

Adieu

Saturday we said farewell to Prince Edward Island... one last walk to the beach and a little stop to see the Anne statue before crossing the bridge. This year was proclaimed the Year of Anne, as it is the 100th anniversary of Anne of Green Gables being published. It was a wonderful week. I fully intend on returning to PEI sometime... probably in springtime when more flowers are in bloom. We had a long drive home, but we made sure we got some cake and sang for Miranda's birthday!




This picture is for my brother, Patrick... You'll need to go to Canada sometime. I know how you love ketchup.




Here are a few pictures of the adorable Beach House Inn, the bed and breakfast where we spent the week. We ended up staying in a few different rooms...
The Bay Room
The Islander Room
The Seaview CottageThis is the resident fox. They like him because he keeps the raccoons away.
Breakfasts we enjoyed:
DAY 1 - yogurt and fresh berries, strawberry muffin, egg & ham souffle, tomatoes, home-made croissant
DAY 2 - bran apple bread, french toast with chocolate drizzle, bacon, orange and banana slices
DAY 3 - oatmeal raisin muffin, "sunflower eggs" (eggs in a flower-shaped phyllo dough), sausage, croissant, cantaloupe
DAY 4 - german pancake with topping of yogurt & blue/rasp/strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, whipped cream, nuts and golden raisins

5 comments:

AngieDoodle said...

Oh Charlotte! It looks like your trip was so much fun! I am completely jealous! I actually had my first encounter with Anne Shirley this last week. I read three of the books and I very much like! I think that I will have to plan a trip very much like yours! :)

Lena said...

Anne of Green Gables is one of my absolute favorite books...I enjoyed the t.v. show as well, have them on DVD because it shows PEI! You are so lucky you had the chance to visit, it looks beautiful!

mtduckgirl said...

WOW!! That looks like an amazing time!! I so want to got up there. I love the pic of the breakfast oh and the fox!! Pretty much I like 'em all Charlotte!!! I'm glad you had such an excellent time in PEI!!

Amy said...

Charlotte, This looks like you had a fabulous time! I love all your pics.

Delise said...

Yay! Thanks for sharing all your pics and stories! It makes me want to go as well. Ketchup chips are the best...well next to dill pickle and salt-n-vinegar! Did you see the hot dog ones? I've never been brave enough to try those!