Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Maine and Crossing the Border


Early, early, early Monday morning, I set off for a week in Canada with Kristie, Miranda and Tashina. We spent most of that day driving through Maine, stopping in the towns of Portland, Bath, Wiscasset, and Camden. I love the feel of the little New England beach towns. Way cute. While in Maine, we made sure to get some blueberries and had lobster rolls from Red's Eats. There was honestly a long line waiting for them to open for lunch. I know, those of you who know me are wondering what I was doing eating seafood, but this lobster was actually really yummy... with plenty of butter. :) Freshness really makes a difference. While waiting for Red's to open, we walked out to an old pier along the coast. I managed to slip in the mud and slice my hand on a rock. Luckily, soon-to-be-doctor Kristie was there to bandage me up, and it has healed quite nicely.
One other stop we made was at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. I think I want to study botany. I just love seeing all of the beautiful flowers and wish I knew the names of them all. The gardens were situated perfectally along the bay and also had vegetable gardens, ponds, waterfalls, and a Fairy Village.



We enjoyed the scenic drive along Route 1 and finally arrived in Canada late that evening. We stayed at a bed & breakfast in St. Andrews that night. Our room was everything leopard-print... even down to the hairdryer. Loved it. :)