Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Buy Me Some Peanuts

I don't think that you can have a complete Boston experience until you go to a Red Sox game. There is just something about Fenway Park, the hot dogs and cracker jack, and the devoted fans who watch every game (even though there is one almost every day for the next eight months). Just a few things will tell you that you are not in Utah.... When there is a call the fans don't agree with, along with the usual booing, there are chants of profanity... Along with the beach balls bouncing around the audience, there was a blown-up condom floating in the breeze..... The majority of fans leave the game intoxicated, instead of the occasional tipsy fan. It makes for never a dull moment to watch the reigning World Champs. There are also the fun traditions of singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and "Sweet Caroline". Bethany and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. She has been my inspiration to attend games decked out in the appropriate gear. Do you like my pink hoodie? Oh, and remember how I'm bad luck at Celtics games? Don't worry... I am good luck for the Red Sox... they have won both games I attended since being in Boston. Woo-hoo!
Final Score: Red Sox 12 - Tigers 6

4 comments:

just jen said...

fun times...

do you go out every night??

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delise said...

I love, love, love going to Red Sox games even though I'm not what most would call a "fan" of any sport. I love the whole thing and will have Sweet Caroline in my head for days afterward.

I've never heard/paid attention to notice the profanities or condoms but I don't doubt it...maybe you are going on rowdy night? :)