Monday, April 14, 2008

This Is The Right Place

As the plane was descending into Utah two weekends ago, I appreciated two things:
1. The glorious snow-covered mountains.
2. Straight, wide, parallel, streets (Thank you Brigham Young!). Anyone who has ever driven in Boston knows what I'm talking about. I didn't need to get out my nuvi even once the whole weekend in Salt Lake.

When I landed, I appreciated even more things about being home...
1. All the time I was able to spend with my family. It was my mom's birthday on Friday (one of the many March birthdays in our family). Our whole family took her to her favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, for some steak.

Happy Birthday Mommy!

I got to see all six of my adorable nieces and nephews. Savannah and Audrey got out to shake it with the line dancers at Texas Roadhouse, while Julian enjoyed playing the cowboy. It is so fun to see them and just get to play and talk with them. I love that they get excited to see me, it makes me miss them more every time I leave. I can't believe how big they get so quickly. Preston, Ethan & Audrey (with her princess necklace... such a girl) to the left and Danika to the right. My family loves to come together often... as the in-laws have to get used to.
2. All the good friends that I was able to see. One of my Sugarhouse roommates, Tamara married Brian in the Timpanogas temple. I loved the advice from their dads and hearing their sweet stories at the wedding breakfast.

It was a good reunion with the Downington girls: Nancy, me, Sue & Kisty to the left and Nancy, Patricia, me, Tam, and Sue to the right. That weekend, I also met Kim (who was also in town from San Diego) for Costa Vida (yum), some good friends, Amy, Katie, Holly & Mike for salsa dancing (arriba!) and got to stay up late talking with Joy the night before I went home. I love seeing friends that have known me for so long and that I know so well.

3. All the spirit that we felt seeing Ethan get baptized.

It was so special to get to see Ethan enter the waters of baptism. He just has a way about him that is endearing and can be the most loving boy ever. We used to call Ethan Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde because he can be just as bad as he is good... but we love him for it. I'm so proud of my Nan for choosing to be baptized and can't wait to see all the wonderful things he will accomplish in his life. I love you!

4 comments:

Delise said...

What a jam packed trip! Looks like you had a great time...I hope you'll squeeze in some time for me there one day! Maybe if I used some children BEGGING you to come sleep over for a kareoke night or something??? :)

Jake said...

No kidding! I didn't even know you were in town. I see who your true friends are... ;) Maybe I should call more often! haha

Glad you had fun, and sorry about your "New Kids" debacle. Guess you'll just have to settle for church on Sunday!

kia said...

umm...so what is the last name of the guy your friend married? he totally looks like an elder from my mission.

Charlotte said...

last name is Hills... I don't remember where he served, but he's 29 now.