Monday, April 7, 2008

Green?

Thanks to the large Mormon network of which I find myself in Boston, I can say that I am a Celtics season ticket holder. As such, I was able to participate in a shoot-around in the Garden! I have to admit that when I first heard about this, I was under the impression that I would be shooting around with the actual Celtics instead of a hundred and fifty other season ticket holders. Granted, it wouldn't be the safest thing for the team members (as a coworker pointed out) to be tripping over adoring fans, but I really thought I'd get to rub shoulders with them. Anyway, it was still pretty fun to get to be on the floor of the arena. I did make one basket... my layup on the left... and get to sit on the bench. Yeah! Bethany, unfortunately, was not able to steal away from the office in time to make it to the shoot around. But, we did have some time before the game to see a little bit of Boston. There were some loud singing Irishmen in the pub we ate dinner at. Quite entertaining. We also were able to see the Massachusetts State House (not to be confused with the Old State House where the massacre was). It reminded Bethany of her days as an intern in DC. The codfish hanging in the Senate & House reminded me of my nephews and Peter Pan. :) Then back to the game.
Now, Bethany is a real basketball fan. We bought tickets to two Celtics games. The first one we went to was against the Bobcats. We sported our Jayhawks wear in support of Paul Pierce. For this game however, we decided that we needed to get decked out in green. I know, I know... I grew up in Utah and they were playing the Jazz... but first of all, it was right before St. Patrick's day... and second of all, I would have feared for my safety with all of the obsessive fans. Plus, Bethany talked me into buying these really cute green sneakers (which just happened to be half off... I love sales!).
I also love that the meter says "Wicked Loud." Boston is just wicked cool. :) Now, I'm not claiming any sort of responsibility... but the fact remains that the Celtics lost both of the games we went to... and they've had such a good year. The first game we went to, they had only lost four games prior... a record of a record. What are the chances? Am I bad luck? Oh well... at least my Jazz won. :)

3 comments:

Delise said...

What the heck? Where are the photos of the green shoes? C'mon girl, where ARE your priorities? Great find...and a fun time!

Jake said...

Remember that one time when the Jazz beat the Celtics? Good times, good times...

Rachel Leigh said...

delise is right! Where are the shoes? You can't talk about the shoes and then not show a picture of them!