Monday, April 7, 2008

J-F-K Kennedy!


The day before Easter, some friends and I headed to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum . They had a display called "Jacqueline Kennedy Entertains: The Art of the White House Dinner" emphasizing how Jackie transformed and restored the White House. We happened to get there at just the right time to see a short film about Bobby Kennedy, who was very important and close to his brother.
The Kennedys were rather inspirational and did a lot of good. The museum started at the Democratic Convention in LA, where John won the democratic presidential nomination, through the Campaign Trail, to the Inauguration, to the White House & Oval Office.
Some of my favorite things to see were Jackie's. In her high school yearbook she said that her aspiration in life was not to be a housewife. ;) I really think I would have liked living in that time... having a coming out party, getting to dress up, hosting parties
(planning seating charts, table decorations, name cards, programs). Jackie had some gorgeous, classy dresses and jewelry. Perks of being married to a President. :)
Just as a side note... remember Captain Preston from the massacre? He works at the JFK museum! I recognized him when he sold me my ticket and I guess I flirted just enough. He came and brought us pictures of JFK in nice folders while we were waiting for the movie to start. I'm holding mine above. To the right: Me with Trina and Kristie.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

is there a reason you only blog about boston and your friends? (not that it isn't fun and exciting). what happened to your amazing trip to salt lake city? come on and share the love!!

Delise said...

Ya Char, where is your post about Puerto Rico? I remember taking some awesome pictures of you trying to stay on your floaty that I'm sure your readers would be interested in. ;)

Charlotte said...

It's really just too bad that I wasn't a blogger back in November, eh Delise?

Delise said...

Hmmm, a flashback post perhaps? Or maybe I could post funny pictures of my friends who are powerless to retaliate! Heh heh heh!