Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The House Where I Live

So... Jen, this took me a while, but I was out of town when you tagged me...

the sink: for some reason they don't believe in divided sinks around here, so I have to use that little tub to wash dishes. I have a very old dishwasher, so I still have to do a bit by hand.
the fridge: I have a visitor right now, or normally this would be very, very empty. My niece Audrey painted the Tink picture last year. Isn't she amazing?the toilet: this bathroom is tiny... most back here are. It really makes me miss my Sugarhouse bathroom. It had a huge wall-to-wall mirror and counter (even if it was bright pink tile with turquoise accent).
the laundry: yes, I have to pay to do my laundry. I am just grateful that I don't have to go to the laundromat like some friends. I just have to go down this cobwebby, steep, narrow staircase into the basement, being careful not to hit my head.
my favorite room: one reason that I chose this apartment was the cute flowered tile around the fireplace, and I found the cool wall hangings that match. My sister, Jessica, came out last summer and helped me decorate. Didn't it turn out cute?
my closet: here is one half...
here is the other half...
and this dresser and armoire are also full of clothes... so what?bonus picture: so you could see the rest of my bedroom... funny story about the paint. When I looked at the apartment all the walls were white. I moved all my boxes in but was waiting for the furniture. When I came the next day all the windows were open and my stuff was in the middle of the room... my landlady decided to paint... without telling me. No, I wouldn't have chosen that color... and I already had my bedding, so I know it doesn't quite match, but oh well.

So... that's how I roll until September when I move. Now I tag Joy, Rachel, and Melanie... I've never seen where you guys live now.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Charlotte, Charlotte. . . your place is dahling. The pictures don't do it justice. I wish i could live here with you and your cute sense of style...I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens :-)

just jen said...

i love it!

i didn't know you lived alone...i just assumed you had a roommate.

that is crazy about your landlady painting it...especially that color, weird!

very cute house, and i really like the fireplace, very classy!

kia said...

Um so I really like your laundry room (obviously since I am a frequent customer), but remember that dead bird down there that one day. That was really not cool.

Rachel Leigh said...

Very Cute! I will do it when my house is a tad bit cleaner... I am too embarrassed!

AngieDoodle said...

Charlotte Dahling! Love the pad! It's so cute! Maybe I will have to make my way back there so that I can see it in person. Eh, eh?
Also- I love the Ann Taylor bag in your closet. ;)

AngieDoodle said...

This is Angie, by the way. :)

Lindz said...

Love the place. Our fridge looks the same, pretty old. I want a new one so bad. The color is cute, but your right it doesn't match anything. Cute place.

Josh and Emily said...

What a cute house! I found your blog from Rachael Arnold. I is so fun to see what you are up to. Our blog is aggiemania.blogspot.com if you ever want to check it out. Hope things are good!