Saturday, June 14, 2008

Paid Holiday



I love holidays... I mean days during the week when I don't have to work. For some reason they seem more free than the weekends. And even better when they have perfect weather like Memorial Day did. We went to the beach in Scituate with my Pembroke friends to bask in the sunlight. However, as Holly always says, the Atlantic is so much colder than the Pacific. I dipped my toes in and then stayed away because it was freezing! Ted was braver than I, and went into the water. The first try he didn't go all the way under, so we had to try again. Can you see him shivering?
Afterwards, we had lunch at Friendly's and had delicious ice cream - mine was Reese's (in case you didn't know, I'm addicted to peanut butter. and chocolate. and chocolate mixed with peanut butter). When we were sufficiently stuffed, we continued driving south to Plymouth. Unfortunately the rock was under construction (see picture below furthest to right) so we didn't actually get to see it. We did see the Mayflower II and enjoyed a nice walk along the coast. At that point, I was exhausted... but Holly and Ted still wanted to enjoy the last night of their trip. So I took them to the train so they could explore the North End and Fenway Park. I know... but I was really, really tired. And they even brought me back a delicious cannoli from Rich's Bakery. Mmmm. Come back anytime! :) Seriously, I had a fun time with them. It's nice to have family around.

No comments: