Saturday, June 28, 2008

Little Road Trip

Last Saturday I went on a little road trip up the coast. We started out by going to Ogunquit, Maine... the most darling little beach town. Unfortunately, it was a little foggy, but that didn't stop us from having a fun little picnic on the beach. My friend Sue had the cutest little picnic basket with matching napkins, plates, and even goblets. (Sidenote: I've always wanted a picnic basket. Maybe the picture in my mind is Southern belles in big hoop skirts with parasols and the accompanying dashing gentlemen.) While walking across the bridge we noticed a bunch of boys fishing... but instead they kept pulling up crabs. I think they enjoyed the attention from a large group of girls. The sun came out just as we were leaving. Next, we went to Hampton Beach in New
Hampshire. It was a little bit ghetto, but they had a sand sculpture contest and a good fireworks show... I'm a fan of both. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

One thing that was weird for me... there was another Charlotte there! She is here for an internship this summer. I am not used to being around someone else with my name, since it is not very common (one reason why I love my name... good job, Mom & Dad). It is very confusing! I don't know how everyone deals with it all the time. It always feels weird to say her name too... like I'm not sure if everyone will understand that I'm talking about her and not me. I kind of felt like that when I was learning Russian grammar and it was something completely different from what I was used to in English. I wondered if I really said it that way, if people would be able to understand me... which of course, they did. Anyway, just a random neb thought.

2 comments:

Rachel Leigh said...

such cute pictures, did you take them? you are quite the photographer!

just jen said...

now you know how i feel...EVERYBODY is named jennifer!