Saturday, June 28, 2008

Official

Okay, maybe, just maybe... I never got my license plates changed from Utah... and maybe, just maybe, I always panicked when a police car would drive up behind me... in case he did pull me over and I got a double ticket. Not that I speed very much. Well... it is official now. I have Massachusetts plates. Yes, I waited until three days before my registration expired. It was kind of a sad thing, though... I could always recognize my car in the parking lot because it was the only one with Utah plates. And it's almost like I'm relinquishing my identity as a Utahn. I'm not sure if I officially qualify as a New Englander, yet, though. This guy at the beach in NH asked me where I was from because I wasn't as brazen as girls from around here. I guess that's a good thing...? At what point do you become from a new place? That's always an awkward question to answer when I'm travelling... Should I say Utah or Massachusetts now?

1 comment:

MomSqrt said...

I'm with you Charlotte! I don't know whether to tell people I'm from Salt Lake or the Boro! I've been here for 5 yrs...and I still stumble ... I guess when we buy a house and make it look permanent, I'll have to actually say I'm from here!

Take care,
Rachel A.