Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Boston Family

A very sad thing has happened... My Boston family has moved back to Utah. The last week before they left I was able to see all the kids in action. I attended Maglet's ballet recital where she rocked out to Bohemian Rhapsody and twirled theatrically to Polar Express... such a star! I also saw Kat's team win the championship soccer game and Karl's team win the semi-finals. They both have so much talent... the games were just fun to watch. Kat's game even went into a sudden-death shoot-out after two overtimes. Talk about exciting!

I have so many good memories from the last year with the Peo's...

  • Going candlestick bowling
  • Living with them when I first moved so that I could find a place that I liked
  • My birthday! Delise cooking me breakfast in bed and dinner for a party for my friends
  • Discussing where to find the perfect make-out couch
  • Calling eachother to look up googlemaps whenever we were hopelessly lost
  • Hours of American Idol Karaoke Revolution fun (Build me up Buttercup!)
  • Tie-dyeing t-shirts with booby spots
  • Family dinners where Delise would ask everyone the best part of the day (and loving the kids saying when I came over)
  • Playing board games around the kitchen table
  • Being a "spice-wussy"
  • Trying my hand at yoga, standing sit-ups and pole-dancing exercise videos
  • Laughing... over Boston-isms... Brian Regan... boys... anything
  • Attempting to stay awake during action movies or funny sitcoms late at night and failing miserably
  • "Eat Like a Pig" dinner
  • Girls Nights Out with plenty of shopping and food
  • Hours of therapeutic talking while curled up in blankets on the couch
  • Beach outings to Nantaskett
  • Taking embarassing pictures in Puerto Rico
  • Evening family scripture study, prayer and reciting Articles of Faith
  • Getting creamed at MarioKart on the wii... and the kids praising me for not coming quite in last
  • Everyone trying to keep the dog Lucy from jumping all over me as soon as I walked in
  • Taking care of me after surgery and anytime I was sick

I have been so impressed with the love they have for eachother and everybody. Jeff and Delise have been such good examples for me of charity, selfless giving, being good parents, and so many things. I am a better person for having had their family in my life. Thank you for everything... I don't think I could have survived the last year without you. It meant so much to know that you were there for me. I'm really going to miss you guys!

6 comments:

....... said...

I can't believe you are in Boston! I guess it has been forever since our days in Alpha. It looks like you are doing pretty good. I hope it is!
-Jamie

Sally Wood said...

Hey Charlotte! You will never guess, this is Sally, from back in the Alpha days! I found this blog in a round about way, long story. Anyway, I have a blog, but I have to invite you to see it. Email me please, splattiam@hotmail.com

It is so good to see you!!!

Janene said...

Hey Charlotte!!! I found your blog from Megan... it is sooo good to find you :) Anyway, I have recently created an Alpha blog and would love to have you join us. If you are interested, send your email address to janenelarsen@yahoo.com.

jeff said...

we will miss you too Charlotte!

You are family! We expect you to stay with us instead of your mom and dad or sisters when you come to SLC. Wait - do they read your blog? maybe we can share you.

jeff said...

Wah! I'm teary in missing you! So many fun times with many more to come! Turner family, the Peo's have dibbs on at least one night with Char Char at our house!

Miss you! Sorry we got disconnected yesterday...I'll give you a jingle today! xo

jeff said...

Forgot I'm signed in as Jeff...it's really Delise (just in case anyone was confuzzlated)